SwishTalk.com

Go Back   SwishTalk.com > .:: THE HELP DESK ::. > SWiSH Max General Help

#1   Cut out part of the song?  

Name: 
aDcOoL
Old 04-06-2004, 07:02 AM Reply With Quote

Hello...
Umm is it possible to have a song in swishmax, and then somehow cut out the beginning of it? So it just starts in the middle instead of the beginnig? If so...how? Please don't send me an SWI file...I'm bad with those...please reply soon! Thanks!

Bump...Bump...Bump...

View Public Profile Send a private message to aDcOoL Find all posts by aDcOoL Add aDcOoL to Your Contacts

Name: 
swish0r
Old 04-06-2004, 07:15 AM Reply With Quote

i don't know if that is possible, but i would recommend to cut everything out before you import the file into swishmax, because if you leave the entire information in there, the file just gets bigger as it needs to be. -> longer download time for every visitor.

View Public Profile Send a private message to swish0r Find all posts by swish0r Add swish0r to Your Contacts

Name: 
Norb79
Old 04-06-2004, 07:43 AM Reply With Quote

Hi !

It's very simple. I tell the way how I used to do it. First I convert mp3 to wav then I open it with sound recorder (windows) (Programs --> Accessories --> Entertainment --> Sound recorder). So now you open the wav file what you've just converted. Then you can select a part what you can save in wav. So save it. Then converting again. Wav to mp3. And in this method you can also optimize mp3 for the best size for your flash movie. I would recommend Turbine Video Encoder but of course there are tons of freeware and shareware on the web. Just search one on google for example like that: mp3 to wav converter tool, wav to mp3 etc.

Hope it helps
Norb

View Public Profile Send a private message to Norb79 Find all posts by Norb79 Add Norb79 to Your Contacts

Name: 
Norb79
Old 04-06-2004, 08:01 AM Reply With Quote

Sorry I was wrong turbine is not good for that method. So search something on the web.

Norb

View Public Profile Send a private message to Norb79 Find all posts by Norb79 Add Norb79 to Your Contacts

Name: 
carleokj
Mood: Motivated
Old 04-06-2004, 09:47 AM Reply With Quote

Hey aDcOoL,

There are tons of MP3 to Wav converters out there, many of them will even allow you to "crop" the song right after conversion. Here is a good one:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194683.html - 14 day trial, 580 kb

View Public Profile Send a private message to carleokj Visit carleokj's homepage! Find all posts by carleokj Add carleokj to Your Contacts
Advertisement: