SwishTalk.com

Go Back   SwishTalk.com > .:: THE HELP DESK ::. > SWiSH Max General Help

#1   How to combine html and flash in a website  

Name: 
pr0digy_jv
Old 02-25-2004, 09:35 AM Reply With Quote

hey! long time since I have posted in here!

Well heres a complicated question...

I am making a website, and after my experience with flash I have come to the conclusion that for certain aspects html is better. Examples of this are large text documents or rather archives with many large text documents. Flash can't do this very well because for each one you have to make a scroll field etc. While html makes this alot simpler!

However, I love flash animations for buttons, introductions etc.

Is there a way, (I know I have seen this somewhere!) to have a flash introduction - when that ends a html page with flash buttons and banners... but when u click on the button the HTML content changes...

Is this possible??

If so... HOW?! I have swishmax. and also dreamweaver mx (though I dont know how to use it very well...)

Could someone please be kind enough to explain what I have to do!??

Thanx in advance!

Pr0digy

View Public Profile Send a private message to pr0digy_jv Find all posts by pr0digy_jv Add pr0digy_jv to Your Contacts

Name: 
IronTig
Mood: SWiSHing 'round the Clock
Old 02-25-2004, 10:00 AM Reply With Quote

I've done it on a website here: www.FightinTigahs.com and also on the message board with the navigation bar at the top.

http://pub97.ezboard.com/bfightintigahsmessageboard

Just have the buttons go to any URL that you wish.

View Public Profile Send a private message to IronTig Find all posts by IronTig Add IronTig to Your Contacts

Name: 
deserthawk
Old 02-25-2004, 11:20 AM Reply With Quote

Hi,
use the search button at the top and type in IFRAME or FRAMES

i did an example with zip file of how to achieve this.

Basically you have to have a frame or iframe in your HTML page where you want to load your text into, give the frame/iframe a NAME very important.

Now in your flash buttons, when you do the actions you MUST put the name of the frame/iframe in the target box.

Also if your doing an flash intro, name the page index.html

your MAIN page can be called anything you like, but for example well cal it default.html (can be .asp. php etc....)

now in your intro at the end/ on your skip button put goto URL default.html target = _self this will load your main page in the same window/browser.

If you need more help with it just ask.

Richard

View Public Profile Send a private message to deserthawk Find all posts by deserthawk Add deserthawk to Your Contacts

Name: 
bluesbrother
Old 02-26-2004, 05:59 AM Reply With Quote

Can't you make new flash buttons in dreamweaver?

Last edited by bluesbrother; 02-26-2004 at 06:01 AM..

View Public Profile Send a private message to bluesbrother Find all posts by bluesbrother Add bluesbrother to Your Contacts
Advertisement: