SwishTalk.com

Go Back   SwishTalk.com > .:: THE HELP DESK ::. > » SWiSH Max4 General Help

#1   Need help with photo gallery  

Name: 
PadanFain
Old 02-12-2012, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

this is my first tie posting here. I usually like to find out how everything works myself, but this has been confusing me, a lot.

I want to make an image gallery. The first image slides in from the left. At the bottom there are thumbnails. When a thumbnail on the right is pressed, the current image slides out the the right and the next image slides in from the LEFT. So depending on the position of the thumbnails, the pictures will either slide in srom the right or left and slide out to the right or left.

This photogallery style is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish:
http://chriswoods.ca/photographer/

What I have managed to do is make a slide in from one side, then when a thumbnail is pressed, the current pic is removed abruptly, and the next one moves in from only one side, etc.

What I'm trying to accomplish is like in the website I provided.

Any help? Thanks!

View Public Profile Send a private message to PadanFain Find all posts by PadanFain Add PadanFain to Your Contacts

Name: 
cycle1500
Mood: MEAN: Do's not play well
Old 02-12-2012, 03:04 PM Reply With Quote

This can be done quite easly. If your not in a big hurry I'll look into making you a good working example over the next couple of days..

Just for your information the example provided is done in HTML5 and Java Script.

Wayne

View Public Profile Send a private message to cycle1500 Find all posts by cycle1500 Add cycle1500 to Your Contacts

Name: 
PadanFain
Old 02-13-2012, 07:13 AM Reply With Quote

Hey thanks Wayne, I would greatly appreciate an example. I'm basically a beginner in swishmax, so I have an understanding of the timeline and some basic script functions, but whenever I try to approach this problem I find I cannot wrap my head around it. I can make a basic gallery where every picture has a fade in -> stop ->next frame remove, so each pic is loaded with a fadein, but without a fade out, and it is not context sensitive (doesn't matter if the thumb is left or right).

As for the aforementioned website, I found it among a "best flash photo galleries" list, so I naturally assumed it was flash. But yes, that is what functionality I would like to have in my flash gallery.

View Public Profile Send a private message to PadanFain Find all posts by PadanFain Add PadanFain to Your Contacts
#4   gallery  

Name: 
cycle1500
Old 02-13-2012, 11:10 AM Reply With Quote

This example has no time line effects. Every thing is scripted. I kept the scripting basic so you would have little problem figuring it out. This is as close to your example as needed.

Work with it and play around.

Wayne

Attached Files
File Type: swi slide_pics.swi (52.0 KB, 63 views)

View Public Profile Send a private message to cycle1500 Find all posts by cycle1500 Add cycle1500 to Your Contacts

Name: 
PadanFain
Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 AM Reply With Quote

Thanks. I never figured you could put x-y axis values in a function. That is interesting, and opens possibilities.

Name: 
cycle1500
Old 02-14-2012, 04:15 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
I never figured you could put x-y axis values in a function. That is interesting, and opens possibilities.
A function gives you alot of mobility. You can do alpha's, color changes, text configering. A Google search for Actionscripting (MX, Flash 8, AS1, AS2) gives you a wealth of information.

Wayne

Name: 
PadanFain
Old 02-21-2012, 05:01 AM Reply With Quote

cycle1500, thanks for this. I'm still playing with the functions, and its starting to make more sense.

I have another question: i made a video player using this tutorial (http://blog.swishzone.com/?p=2900), and what I'm missing is the ability to jump to a certain time in the movie by clicking on the progress bar. Can it be done, by adding to the existing script?

Advertisement: