SwishTalk.com

Go Back   SwishTalk.com > .:: CENTER STAGE ::. > Art and Design Showcase

#1   Photoshop Need Help!  

Name: 
Oxygen454
Mood: Chillaxed
Old 01-18-2008, 08:19 PM Reply With Quote

Why is it when I save a gif (with transparent background) with a effect on a image (ie. showing) The image has distortion around it? Ive tried saving for web and saving normally as gif and they all come out distorted?

View Public Profile Send a private message to Oxygen454 Visit Oxygen454's homepage! Find all posts by Oxygen454 Add Oxygen454 to Your Contacts

Name: 
Oxygen454
Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote

Here is an example

P.S. I have Photoshop CS2. The yellow is an outer glow that gets all distorted when saved as a gif.

Attached Images
File Type: gif Untitled-1.gif (15.8 KB, 10 views)

View Public Profile Send a private message to Oxygen454 Visit Oxygen454's homepage! Find all posts by Oxygen454 Add Oxygen454 to Your Contacts

Name: 
Oxygen454
Old 01-19-2008, 02:26 AM Reply With Quote

Found using google, seems to be no real option according to this site. Anyone have a better possible way?

http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/ph...ent/matte.html

Name: 
Bojko
Mood: Good as always
Old 01-19-2008, 07:23 AM Reply With Quote

I always use PNG-24. However distortion of images is always present since they're (unlike vectors) prerendered. Anyhow, in cases like this I find using PNG-24 (plus image smoothing if there is an effect on that image) in SwishMax to be the best solution.

New Full Flash Site - Advantis | New HTML Site - Mikrofonija | New Layout Design - Ogrish The Movie

View Public Profile Send a private message to Bojko Visit Bojko's homepage! Find all posts by Bojko Add Bojko to Your Contacts

Name: 
Oxygen454
Old 01-19-2008, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote

Thanks Bojko, will give that a try. The reason I am using this style of gif is because I am making a custom cursor for my swish scene and I need the image to be transparent over a black and also parts of a white background. So the white shadowing would show up on the black and the black part of the icon of course would normally show up.

Name: 
pangleaa
Old 01-28-2012, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygen454 View Post
Thanks Bojko, will give that a try. The reason I am using this style of gif is because I am making a custom cursor for my swish scene and I need the image to be transparent over a black and also parts of a white background. So the white shadowing would show up on the black and the black part of the icon of course would normally show up.
However distortion of images is always present since they're (unlike vectors) prerendered. Anyhow, in cases like this I find using PNG-24 (plus image smoothing if there is an effect on that image) in SwishMax to be the best solution.

cheap jerseys-new york giants Jersey-pro bowl jersey

View Public Profile Find all posts by pangleaa Add pangleaa to Your Contacts
Advertisement: